Personal data that we collect
There is no need to create an account when searching and viewing basic information from the Website, such as what services and products we provide our free charts we may post on our website.
Data we receive from you
If you decided to create an account, you will need to provide us with some personal data so we can provide you with access to our additional services that users benefit from. You may also elect to provide us with additional information about you, as described below.
During registration you will be required to provide us with either:
- your username
- email address
- Telegram username
- TradingView username;
- if you want to buy a subscription, we will need your first name, last name and postal address.
In some cases, you may need to provide and verify your phone number. You can also add additional information about yourself in the profile settings, however this is not mandatory.
In future updates the following information will be publicly displayed:
- the image you have elected to provide as your user avatar, signature, “about me,” location, Twitter handle, and website.
The following information will not be publicly displayed:
- your first and last name, phone number, email, company, address, and taxpayer ID.
If you register to be a user of our subscription service, (a “Paid User”), our third party payment processor (Stripe) will also process information about your debit/credit card and bank account information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your account registration. For further details, please refer to the point below titled “Payment information,” under the section headed, “When we share your personal information.”
We also process any personal data you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, email, telegram handle or otherwise visiting and interacting with this Website or any other websites we operate.
Cookies and other technologies
We also use web beacons (tiny graphics with a unique identifier) for analytics and advertising purposes and to develop, test and improve our services further, as described in our Cookies Policy.
Like most websites, we use web server log files. Records in our log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses (see the “Device information” section below for further details), browser types, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, platform types, and date/time stamps. We use web server log files to administer the site, provide broad traffic information for site planning purposes, and to ensure that our terms of service agreement is being adhered to. Note that IP addresses are not tied to personal data in our web server log files.
When you are using our mobile application, we may collect your general device information, device identifier (for example, Google Advertising ID, if you are using an Android device, or Advertising Identifier (IDFA), if you are using an iOS device), network information and application interaction events for analytics purposes, and to develop, test, and improve our services further. Our mobile applications use third party services that may collect such information. For further details, please refer to the Analytics providers section below.
Data we receive from third parties
When you sign in to the Website, a different site, or a service using your social internet service credentials (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, Telegram), such service sends us your username and email address associated with the credentials you’ve used. We neither control nor take any responsibility for the way third parties provide information about you and process your personal data.
How personal information is used
We use personal data in various ways that are necessary to provide the services you intend to use the Website for, certain legitimate interests, and as a necessity in order to comply with applicable law, as further described below.
We do not generally rely on your consent to allow us to process your personal data if there is another lawful ground available. If we do rely on your consent, we will make this clear to you at that time.
A profile is a set of information for each individual user that details his/her viewing preferences. We do not use stored user settings for marketing purposes. User settings (chart settings, toolbars, buttons, etc.) are kept solely for the purpose of customizing the user’s experience when using the Website or user accounts. We do not share private profile settings with any third parties.
Note that when you create an account on the Website, other users or visitors to the Website may access your public profile and see any information you have made publicly available about yourself.
User account and profile operations
We use your contact details, such as username, email address or phone number in the following ways:
- to authenticate your user account, ensure its security along with the security of our services, and to prevent spam, fraud, and abuse;
- to acknowledge, confirm, and deal with your user account;
- to send all new users a welcome activation email to verify their email address;
- (For Paid Users) to provide you with subscription services and contact you regarding your use of such services. This is necessary for us to implement your requests; and
- Paid Users will also receive a notification email from Stripe if there are any issues regarding billing their cards for auto-renew subscriptions. Users cannot opt-out of these messages, though they can delete their account.
We may send you marketing emails about our products or services that are similar to the products or services you are subscribed to, including information about events and other promotions we feel may interest you. This is unless you have indicated to us that you do not wish to receive communications in this manner. We will send you other promotional information by email only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with your personal data. Users can opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in one of the emails (for more information on your rights, please see the “User rights” section below).
In the future, we can notify you via email about new users who have followed you, liked an idea, new ideas of users that you follow, and so on. You can refuse to receive such notifications at any time by adjusting your Profile settings.
On rare occasions, it is necessary to send out service-related announcements. For instance, if our service is interrupted for a prolonged period or a major functionality upgrade is released, we might send all users an email message.
When you open a support ticket on our Website, we use your contact details as well as information about your device, server logs, a description of the problem, along with any other supporting materials (videos, screenshots, etc.) to help resolve the issue(s).
If you are using our API (Application Programming Interface) services, then we may process your personal data in order to be able to provide and support those services.
We will process your personal data as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- where we are asked to respond to any of your inquiries, comments, or grievances;
- to administer our Website in order to better understand how visitors interact with the Website and ensure that it is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device;
- to develop and improve our mobile applications;
- to share personal data among our affiliated businesses for administrative purposes, provide subscription services, and in relation to our sales and marketing activities, except where we require your consent, as described above;
- to send you information about our products or services that are similar to the products or services you subscribed to (unless you have refused or opted out of receiving these emails at the time you provided us with your email address or you have indicated to us that you do not wish to receive communications in this manner). Our legitimate interest is to ensure our marketing is relevant to you, so we may process your data to send you information on our products or services that is specifically tailored to your interests;
- we may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect and use this data for our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with our business partners, our affiliated businesses, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes. For example, to allow those parties to analyze patterns among groups of people and conducting research on demographics, interests, and behavior;
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and as part of our efforts to keep our Website, network, and information systems secure; and
When would we share personal information
We share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service providers: Material Indicators, like many businesses, occasionally engages with selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the point below headed “Payment information“), (ii) IT suppliers and contractors (i.e. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide subscription services and other goods/services available on this Website or to users, (iii) web and mobile analytics providers, (iv) providers of digital advertising services, and (v) providers of marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- Payment information: Paid Users must provide payment information (name, credit card information or crypto wallet key, or Coinbase account information). This information is used for billing purposes only and is processed by Stripe and/or Coinbase Commerce as our payment processor. When you are making a payment, we do not have access to your personal and/or credit card information. Should we have any issues with processing an order, the email address you have provided will be used to contact you.
- Material Indicator affiliated businesses: In order to provide the services you request from us, our affiliated businesses may access and process the information which we collect from you for the purposes described above, including offering products and services to you. Our affiliated businesses will only use your data for the purposes for which we originally collected said data.
- Analytics providers: We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our services and mobile applications. We use this information to analyze and improve the work of our services and mobile applications.
- We may use Google Analytics as a web analytics service. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, you can check here.
- Analytics services for mobile applications that we may use:
- Firebase — a development and analytics platform provided by Google. For more information on what type of information is collected, please visit the Google Privacy web page.
- Amplitude — an analytics service for mobile apps. For more information on the privacy practices of Amplitude, please see their Amplitude Terms.
- Visual Studio App Center — owned by Microsoft. Their applicable data protection provisions can be reviewed under the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- Business transfers: If we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our general account users, subscription account users or customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Advertising: In the future, we may display advertising on the Website and may use remarketing and tracking features. Remarketing features allow us to display advertising in a more targeted manner in order to present advertisements of interest to users, based on their activity on other websites. Tracking features allow us to collect information about impressions, ad clicks and certain actions that users complete through our Website. This data also helps us evaluate the performance of ad campaigns. Note that we collect pseudonymous data only. We may use the following services for advertising, remarketing, and tracking purposes:
- Google Ad Manager and Google Ads — they help us serve and measure the success of ads on our site.
- Facebook pixel — allows us to measure, optimize, and build audiences for our advertising campaigns.
You can learn more about Facebook’s data policy here. You can manage your personal settings for advertisements on Facebook at Your Ad Preferences. In case you don’t have a Facebook account, you can use Your Online Choices website or DAA’s WebChoices Tool to manage your ad experience.
- Twitter Conversion Tracking (Twitter Pixel) — helps us to measure our return on ad expenditure.
- Google Ad Manager and Google Ads — they help us serve and measure the success of ads on our site.
- Note that we do not share any personal information with our advertisers. They can only access general statistics that include the amount of impressions their ads have generated as well as clicks.
Public information on our site
As of September 21, 2020 we do not currently have public accounts on our site. But in the future we may, and this is our policy on public profiles. When you create your profile on our Website, other users or visitors may access your public profile and see any information you have made available about yourself. When browsing the Website for trading ideas, they will only be able to view your market information (i.e. published ideas and scripts, markets allocation, top mentioned Symbols, etc.), social information (i.e. followers and following lists along with the ideas that you follow and comment on), contact information (i.e. your About section, location, Twitter, website, etc.),and your community status. Your email address, however, will not be visible (unless you choose to make it visible).
Public Charts, Ideas and Scripts
Our Website allows those with a registered user account to share their charts with indicators and comments that can be added, their “ideas,” and scripts, and other features, with the rest of the internet via our Publish ideas and scripts feature.
By using the Publish idea and script feature, you grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to publish and disclose the content of this idea and your scripts, as well as the name of the author (username), which makes you identifiable.
You can also publish your idea as “private”. This means that the idea will not be displayed in your profile or your list of ideas, nor will it be indexed by search engines. However, users who have a direct link to your idea will be able to view it. Note that you will control over who/which users have access to your idea link.
Chats and Private Messages
When you communicate with other users in public and private chats, we store and process your messages and any related information. We check links to make sure there is no malicious software or content as well as to detect spam and prohibited images/text. When you use private messages to communicate, please keep in mind that the recipients have a copy of your correspondence as well. This will continue to be the case even if you delete such correspondence from your account. Recipients can copy, store and/or reshare these messages. Be constantly vigilant of this.
Security of personal data
We use technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data and require third parties with whom we work to do the same.
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology in order to protect certain information that you submit to us. This technology protects you from having your information intercepted by anyone while it is being transmitted to TradingView or PayPal. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the “lock” icon in the browser window is displayed, confirming that a secure and encrypted connection has been established with the Website. We work hard to ensure that our Website is secure and that we meet industry standards. We also use other safeguards, such as firewalls, authentication systems (i.e. passwords, and personal identification numbers), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorized access to systems and data. If you have chosen to create an account, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep your access details secret. You must not share these details with anyone else.
We also do our best to protect user information offline. All of our users’ personal information is restricted to our offices. Only employees who need to see the information to perform their jobs are allowed to access it.
The servers that store personal data are located in a secure environment in a locked facility.
We are constantly improving the ways we secure, store, and process the data we collect, including the addition of physical security measures that help us counter unauthorized access to our systems. However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children and sensitive personal data
This Website is not directed towards children who are under the age of 18. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children below the age of 18 years or sensitive personal data (“racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation,” etc.). Please consult Art. 9 GDPR for more information. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us immediately so that we can either obtain special consent or delete the information.
Third Party Sites
Links to other sites
Our hosted charting solutions
Individuals subject to European data protection laws may have data subject rights in relation to the personal data we hold on them (described in detail below). This may, in and of itself, be subject to limitations and/or restrictions.
If you are located in the EEA, please contact us to exercise your rights.
If prompted, we will confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and if so, we will provide you with a copy of that personal data along with any other pertinent details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee, but this can be discussed and depends on the situation.
Restricting the processing of personal data
You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will notify you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we share your personal data with others, we will notify them of the restriction wherever possible. If prompted, and if it is possible and lawful to do so, we will also notify you with whom we have shared or will share your personal data so you can contact them directly if need be.
- ask us to stop processing your personal data at any time, and we will do so. If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data, then it should not be a problem unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing;
- object to our processing of your data for the purposes of direct marketing at any time. This can be done by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in our marketing emails; and
- refuse to receive service notifications via email (for example, when a user you are subscribed to publishes a chart, idea, etc.). This can be adjusted in the User Settings.
Withdrawal of consent
If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness in which we process your data before receiving notice of your wish to withdraw your consent. We emphasize that we do not generally rely on your consent to allow us to process your personal data if there is another lawful ground available. If we do rely on your consent, we will make this clear to you at that time.
Viewing and correcting data
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete. For the immediate future please contact Material Indicators to have to make these changes. In the future each user can view, manage and/or update his/her personal data in the Profile Settings.
If we share your personal data with others, we will notify them of any corrections made whenever possible. If prompted, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also notify you with whom we have shared your personal data so you can contact them directly if need be.
You have the right to refuse to use our Website and may ask us to delete or remove your personal data in certain circumstances. If we share your data with others, we will notify them of the edits wherever possible. If prompted, and wherever possible and lawful to do so, we will also notify you with whom we have shared your personal data so you can contact them directly if need be.
Please note that if you requested your account be deleted, we will delete the subsequent personal data you have supplied us, however, certain personal data will be retained if it has been integrated into our systems and platform, including data in communications you have sent via our platform. This data is necessarily retained for the integrity of the platform data and legitimate business purposes, including auditing, security, and other legitimate interests.
Note that search engines, as well as third parties, can keep copies of your publicly available information once your account has been deleted. It should also be noted that published ideas will remain on the site and messages sent to other users cannot be deleted.
We will keep your personal data (1) until you decide to delete your account (upon request), or (2) as required by law or as necessary for legitimate business purposes (i.e. for tax, legal, accounting, fraud, or abuse prevention, and/or other purposes). This data can be stored even after an account is deleted.
Upon expiration of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. In this case, such data is no longer considered personal.
If you consent to receive marketing communications, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe, which is possible via the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of our marketing emails. Additional methods to unsubscribe may be added in the future.
You have the right to obtain your personal data from us, which you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere if you so wish.
Lodge a complaint with the data protection authority
If you have concerns about our privacy practices, including the way we handle or have your personal data, you can report it to any competent data protection authority of an European Union member state that is authorized to hear such concerns (you may find European Union Data Protection Authorities’ contact information here). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Note that we may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
European Union residents: International data transfers
Material Indicators LLC. is based in the United States. The information collected through the Website will be stored on servers located in the United States, European Union, and other destinations (including outside the EEA), to our service providers and affiliated businesses for the purposes described above. This is necessary to enable you to navigate and use our Website. The data may be transmitted to our service providers and affiliates supporting our business operations (described above).
Note that the countries concerned may not provide the same legal standards for protection of your personal data that you have in the EEA. If we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA, we will take the necessary steps to ensure your information receives an adequate level of security protection where it is processed and that your rights continue to be protected. Some of our service providers (i.e. Amazon Web Services, Inc.) are certified to the Privacy Shield, a framework operated by the U.S. Department of Commerce, that permits the transfer of personal data outside the EEA (or, as applicable, Switzerland) to certified companies in accordance with EEA data protection law (for more information, please visit Privacy Shield website).
If you would like to receive more information on the safeguards that we implement, please contact us.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding personal data processing, please contact us at [email protected].
Materia Indicators LLC.
7995 SW 195 STREET
CUTLER BAY, FL 33157